Elucidate is a ratings and data analysis company for financial institutions. Banks across the world use our products to establish, manage, and delight their banking relationships, generating new opportunities and business growth.
We take great pride in the diversity and multidisciplinary nature of our team. With individuals hailing from diverse backgrounds, we have harnessed invaluable expertise from various fields such as FinTech, investment banking, the public sector and the international startup landscape.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Finance and Operations (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin. In this expansive role, you will be responsible for leading Elucidate’s financial strategy and execution to drive growth, profitability, and financial sustainability. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for driving excellence in a fintech environment, we want to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive financial strategy that aligns with the company's overall goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with other executives to develop and implement the company's overall business strategy and ensure financial sustainability.
- Create and manage a financial plan and budget, allocating resources effectively to achieve maximum return on investment.
- Analyze and evaluate financial performance, identifying opportunities for growth, optimization, and risk mitigation.
- Oversee financial operations, including accounting, financial reporting, tax, audit, and compliance.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are in place and adhered to, promoting transparency and accountability.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external partners, including investors, lenders, and vendors, to manage financial risk and secure funding as needed.
- Convey a strong, consistent and well understood investment message and establish processes and systems to build a leading investor relations function
- Analyze and present financial trends, competitor behavior, shareholder issues, and anything else that could impact the business
- Provide organizational leadership across all operational areas
- Update, implement and maintain internal processes, and optimizeg processes where needed
We are looking for a person with:
- Several years of relevant experience in consulting, finance, investment banking, venture finance, or start up management
- Proven experience in investor relations, ideally in venture financing
- Strong expertise in identifying and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) for financial analysis.
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional projects to drive process improvement and operational efficiency.
- Experience in evaluating new market opportunities and supporting strategic decision-making.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex financial concepts effectively.
- Proficiency in financial software and data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, ERP systems).
- Outstanding leadership and collaboration skills, with a focus on delivering results.
You should apply if you:
- Are highly entrepreneurial, ambitious and driven to lead
- Have a good sense of humour
- Are passionate about ethics in the financial services industry
- Enjoy to work in an open and diverse environment
- Have a passion for technology and innovation
- Have strong critical thinking skills and a desire to change the status quo
- Are determined and diligent
- A flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- A fast-paced and challenging working environment